Saturday 2 March 2013

Walk to Corlic Hill - Greenock


I'd been planning to do this walk for some time now, as I recalled it from my youth.

This is a walk I covered as a youngster and recall that you could view six shires - namely - Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, Stirlingshire, Dunbartonshire, Argyllshire, and Ayrshire.

Although Corlic Hill is only 994 Feet above sea level, it affords tremendous views of the countryside.

I also recall that at one time you could avail yourself of scones and tea on the route, but this was something I myself never experienced.
 
I believe the lady who lived there for many years was called Peggy Rankin, and that the cotttage is now in ruins.
 
Road to Corlic
 
Looking Up to Corlic

 Gryffe View


River Clyde View

 Gryffe View

At the Top
 
More images are available at - www.dougie-coull-photography.co.uk - and are also better resolution.

No comments: